When we think about traditional sweets for this time of the year a lot of recipes come up to our minds. Every single village and town in Italy has its own tipical cakes and biscuits for Holiday season. And you are spoiled of choise on which one make for you and your family.
But if you have in your loved ones someone that needs a gluten free cake or a no eggs cake things would be different. Sometimes you can readapt a your grandma recipe, but sometimes the better way is to going on and make a new one. Gluten free and no eggs but that can remeber a sort of holiday taste. Fragrant, tasty and enveloping.
Just what happen with this cake.
What you need
for the base:
g 140 chickpea flour Molino Chiavazza
g 100 potato flour
g 100 sugar
g 150 butter
1 lemon zest
a pinch of salt
for the cream:
1 cup milk
1 tbsp sugar
1tbsp potato flour
1 lemon suice
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla flower
1 big apple
2 tbsp pine nuts
2 tbsp raisins
- knead the dought mixing the two flours, sugar melted butter, lemon zest and salt until to have a smooth ball of dought and leave it in the fridge for 15 minutes;
- in a little pot mix the tblsp potato flour, sugar and vanilla. Add very quickly the milk and boil and turning often the cream. Turn off and let it cold;
- cut the apple in to slices and cover with lemone juice
- take the dought from the fridge, spread it in the pan, put the cream and over the slice of apple and at the end raisins and pine nuts
- cook at 180° C for 35 minutes. When is cold decore with icing sugar
This recipe is for the Molino Chiavazza giveaway: "La tradizione del Natale"