mercoledì 28 settembre 2011

My Rosh Ashanah basket

The first time I was invited to a Rosh Ashanah Seder was many years ago but I feel like it was just yesterday.
It was in my mother's in low house. Can you immagine? Me, a non jewish woman, fall down in one of the main Jewish Holiday, knowing nothing about Jewish calendar, honey and milk, pomegranates, apples, dates and all sweets things around and about that day.
More of that, my mother in low would no stop looking at me...did you ever heard anything about jewish mothers?? But, ok, that's another story...
This evening is the  Seder of Rosh Ashanah  year 5772 and my basket full of honey, apples and pomegranates is ready to be placed in the center of the table for our dinner.
Happy new year, Shanà Tovà!

4 commenti:

  1. Shanà Tovà! Che questo anno sia per voi tutti dolce almeno quanto le dolcezze del tuo centrotavola :)

    RispondiElimina
  2. Allora Shanà Tovà. Io ruberei subito le caramelle al miele , mi sono sempre piaciute moltissimo, come conoscere tradizioni e ricorrenze diverse dalle nostre. Un bacione

    RispondiElimina
  3. Shana Tovah to you and your family!

    RispondiElimina
  4. Che zia internazionale che abbiamo! Shana tovah a tutti!

    RispondiElimina