Do you know Lynne Rossetto Kasper and her "The splendid table"? She usually answers to her readers food questions and gives many usefull tips around day by day cooking life. I like her writing style. Simple, direct and always usefull.
Her last article was about What To Do With Fall Vegetables. Reading about that I came up with the black cabbage (a typical fall vegetable) just bought at the market and here my suggestion how to cook it.
Simply and deliciuos recipe, let's try!
What you need for 2:
g 180 Riso Carnaroli
ml 500 vegetable broth
5-6 black cabbage leaves
g 1 saffron
4 tbsp extra vergine olive oil
ml 100 white wine
4 tbsp grated parmesan
- wash and peel the cabbage leaves and cook in boiling water for about 40 minutes
- cut in small slices 4 leaves; keep the other 2 for final decoration
- in a pan put the oil, the sliced onion and cook for 5 minutes
- add the cutted cabbage leaves, the wine and wait about 10 minutes
- put the rise, the broth little by little and let cook for 15 minutes until the rise is done
- turn over the flame, add saffron and parmesan and mix
- before serving lay down the entire cabbage leaves on the plate, put the rice inside and turning over the leaf
- it's done!