In this time of the year our lemon tree is full of fruits. Big, blinding yellow and flavoured lemons hung on the tree that seem to tell you "Come on, take me and make something good!"
So every winter I have lemons and lemons ready to become cakes, tarts, limoncello, limoncello cream and of course jam!
This time I tried for my jam the lemon and ginger combo. Fantastic! The two flavors really go well together. The bitter lemon fit perfectly with the spicy ginger.
The base lemon jam recipe is always the same: my aunt Anna recipe, the best! Thanks Zia Anna!
What you need:8 lemons bio
g 800 sugar
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- wash the lemons, cut them in very very thin slices and put them in a large bowl with water (enough water to cover all lemons)
- let them stay in water for 3 day and change the water every day
- in a large pot mix the slices with sugar and cook for about 40 minutes
- in the middle of the cookind add the grated ginger
- put the marmellate in sterilized glass jars, close and let them cool upsidedown